SAN ANTONIO, Texas – April 5, 2023 – Regions Bank on Wednesday announced veteran commercial banking leader Mark Evans will serve as the company’s first market executive focused exclusively on San Antonio and surrounding areas as Regions builds on its Texas presence yet again.
Regions is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage products and services. The bank serves a diverse mix of clients, including individual consumers and well-established businesses representing a wide range of industries. Regions has strategically grown its presence across the Lone Star State in recent years in cities including Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin.
Now, as market executive for Regions Bank in San Antonio, Evans will focus on expanding the bank’s portfolio of business clients in Bexar and surrounding counties. Evans will focus on Regions’ competitive differentiators, such as unique specialty capabilities and customized financial insights that are tailored to meet the needs of businesses ranging from smaller, locally owned companies to large corporations. Evans assumes his role following a decade of leading Regions’ commercial banking strategies in North Louisiana and East Texas.
“Mark Evans is a highly regarded leader who’s known for building client relationships that are rooted in trust and a deep, personal commitment to helping those clients succeed.”
John Turner, President and CEO of Regions Financial Corp.
“Mark Evans is a highly regarded leader who’s known for building client relationships that are rooted in trust and a deep, personal commitment to helping those clients succeed,” said John Turner, President and CEO of Regions Financial Corp. “San Antonio is a vibrant, growing city, and we see tremendous opportunities to connect more businesses with the competitive services that differentiate Regions in the marketplace. Mark’s experience and vision make him the ideal leader to guide Regions’ expansion in San Antonio.”
Regions’ services for business clients range from customized account management and lending solutions to a series of specialty capabilities that have been added, expanded or enhanced over the last three years.
Those capabilities include:
- Regions’ Commercial Business Development team, offering resources and insights to help small businesses build customized plans for financial success
- Regions Business Capital, offering asset-based lending, as well as supply chain finance, accounts receivable securitization, lender finance, retail finance and more
- Customized equipment financing and leasing capabilities through the Regions Equipment Finance Corporation (REFCO)
- Additional equipment lending solutions through Ascentium Capital, a Texas-based Regions subsidiary
- Real-time payments solutions for Treasury Management clients
- Regions’ recently established Franchise Lending team
- Regions’ newly launched International Subsidiaries Banking Group
- Regions’ Global Trade Finance services
- Expanded real estate capabilities through Sabal Capital Partners, LLC, another Regions subsidiary
- Regions’ New Markets Tax Credit group, dedicated to supporting business clients making impactful investments throughout their communities
- A dedicated Commercial Corporate Finance team supporting business ownership transitions, financing alternatives and risk management
- Comprehensive Affordable Housing financial solutions, and
- A consistent, ongoing focus toward helping clients protect their businesses from fraud
Regions calls its business model Regions360, a deliberate strategy designed to ensure the company’s bankers – across all divisions – are collaborating to develop holistic solutions to meet clients’ goals.
“When clients see how a relationship with Regions gives them access to such a wide and growing range of financial solutions, they quickly see why we stand out,” Evans said. “During times of change and uncertainty, it’s perhaps more important than ever to have a solid banking relationship with financial professionals who understand the needs of the business community and are backed by the resources of a bank that has met clients’ needs through many economic cycles. We bring the strength and resources of the entire bank to meet the needs of our clients, and I am honored to lead Regions’ strategies to serve more businesses in San Antonio and the surrounding communities.”
Evans will also begin establishing relationships with civic and community organizations in Greater San Antonio to further the bank’s mission to make life better for the people and places it serves. Regions’ community engagement strategy focuses on supporting initiatives that align with three key priorities:
- Advancing economic and community development
- Supporting education and workforce development
- And creating financial wellness
“We have a culture of putting people first in all we do,” Evans added. “It’s something I’ve always been incredibly proud of, and it’s what I look forward to fostering as we introduce Regions to new clients and community partners across San Antonio.”
Evans began his banking career in 1986 with the former MBank Dallas, where he was a commercial credit analyst before transitioning to serve as a commercial relationship manager. He moved to Shreveport to work as a commercial lending sales manager for Regions’ predecessor, AmSouth Bank. He then served as president of IBERIABANK’s Shreveport market for six years before returning to Regions in 2012.
Evans was actively engaged in the Shreveport community through his board involvement with United Way of Northwest Louisiana, the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, the Baylor Alumni Association, the Independence Bowl, Sci-Port: Louisiana’s Science Center, the YMCA of Northwest Louisiana and the Biomedical Research Foundation. Evans previously chaired the board of directors of CHRISTUS Foundation Shreveport-Bossier, the Committee of 100, the Louisiana Baptist Foundation and Volunteers of America North Louisiana.
Evans earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from Baylor University. He is also a graduate of the Southwestern School of Banking at Southern Methodist University.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF), with $155 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates more than 1,250 banking offices and more than 2,000 ATMs. Regions Bank is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.